Saturday, July 07, 2007

Too much trouble...

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you too busy to save the planet, America?

Live most Americans, I got cable TV, with more channels than I can flip through in ten minutes. (FUCK! My thumb hurts!)

So, the Live Earth concert, 24-hours of live music from top performers all over the globe, for the sole cause of alerting people to the danger of global warming, should be all over the dial, right? RIGHT??

Let's do a quick scan: I can see it on the Sundance Channel (you'd expect that, obviously), BRAVO (another artsy-fartsy channel), and Canadian TV. Canada, in fact, is covering the event with six channels at once, only one of which I can get down here.

I guess American corporate-controlled media thinks the planet is just going to take care of itself, and the only viewers who give a damn are the artsy-fartsy intellectuals.

Does that mean the entire population of Canada is smarter than the people of the USA?

No, only the ones with cable TV.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home